To be honest, I crave this quarantine routine - sitting at home, zero interaction with humans (this being the key component), catching up with Netflix and Prime and obviously - listening to music. Science backs up how music positively affects an individual's overall mood.
So if you want to improve your mood during these troubled times, check out this feel-good playlist I've curated. I hope these tunes make you smile (or even better, dance) away that boredom and anxiety of yours. When millennials, have nothing to do, they usually “BoP” to music.
So, happy Boppin'.
(These songs define the period they belong to and have gone down in history for reaching new heights.)
1. Upbeat tunes from the 70s, 80s and 90s to stop you from overthinking.
Go on. Dance it out.
· Dancing Queen: ABBA
· Wild horses: The Rolling Stones
· Stayin’ Alive: Bee Gees (We’re in this together, we will get through it)
· One: Metallica
· The Chain: Fleetwood Mac
· Uptown Girl: Billy Joel
· Bohemian Rhapsody: Queen
· Footloose: Footloose Soundtrack
· The Time of My Life: Dirty Dancing Soundtrack
· I Want It That Way: Backstreet Boys (shout out to B99 fans)
· Wannabe: Spice Girls
· 9 to 5: Dolly Parton
2. Songs from the 2000s were solid gold.
· Umbrella: Rihanna and Jay Z
· Mr Brightside: The Killers
· Beautiful Day: U2
· Toxic: Britney Spears (Hey there corona!!)
· Your Body is a Wonderland: John Mayer
· I Knew You Were Trouble: Taylor Swift
· Party In The USA: Miley Cyrus
· DJ Got Us Fallin In Love Again: Usher ft. Pitbull
· Crazy In Love: Beyoncé and Jay-Z
· Empire State of Mind: Jay-Z and Alicia Keys
3. Find peace in this chaos
· Chasing Cars: Snow Patrol
· Shine On Your Crazy Diamonds: Pink Floyd
· Perfect: Ed Sheeran
· Best Part: Daniel Caesar and H.E.R
· Agar Tum Saath Ho: Tamasha
· You Needed Me: Anne Murray
· Release: Pearl Jam
· Tum Ho: Rockstar
4. For when you're missing your “homies”
· Yaaron: KK
· Sham: Aisha
· Jaane Kyun: Dostana
· History: One direction (a personal favourite)
· Count on me: Bruno Mars
· You’ve Got a Friend in Me: Randy Newman – Toy Story.
· I’ll Be There For You: The Rembrandt
· You’re My Best Friend: Queen
· I’ll Be There: Jackson 5
· Rollercoaster: Jonas Brothers
· See You Again: Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth (very situation specific)
5. Feeling invincible? Don't. At least, not against the virus (seriously, just stay home!)
But otherwise, it's Superhero time!!!
· The Avengers: Alan Silvestri - The Avengers
· Beautiful Lie: Hans Zimmer - Batman vs Superman
· Sunflower: Post Malone, Swae Lee - Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse
· Immigrant Song: Led Zeppelin - Thor: Ragnarok
· Escape: Rupert Holmes - Guardian of the Galaxy vol 1
· Shoot to Thrill: Iron Man 2 – AC/DC
· Action Reaction: Wonder Woman – Rupert Gregson
· Wonder Woman Theme: Tina Guo and Hans Zimmer
· Blue Monday: Wonder Woman 1984 – Sebastian Böhm
6. Going back to the roots, here we have some feel-good Hindi Music.
· Pehli Baar : Dil Dhadakne Do
· O Gujariya: Queen
· Aunty Ji: Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu
· Dil Na Jaaneya: Good Newwz
· Uff Teri Adaa: Kartik Calling Kartik
· Taake Jhanke: Queen
· Main Kya Karoon: Barfi
· Liggi: Ritviz
· Roobaroo: A.R. Rahman
7. Finally, I'd suggest you check out COVID 19 Quarantine Party Playlist on Spotify.
Be Safe. Stay Sane.
Happy Social Distancing.